As a new graduate, if you’re looking for a job in online marketing, there are a variety of careers you could choose. Whether you’re looking towards business and management or if your career goals are aimed more at the creative field, opportunities abound.
Whatever your focus is in marketing, there is something for you online.
Here are some of the best online marketing jobs that are available for graduates:
- Content manager and strategist. This is a central role in many digital marketing agencies that touches on many different aspects of marketing. As a content manager, you’ll need to be able to create and/or edit SEO friendly content, manage a team of writers, and provide content for a diverse range of clients.
This role also requires you to build relationships and be creative, organised, and self-motivated.
- Virtual reality developer and editor. This is a fairly new field, and a growing one. If you are looking for a career that combines technology and creativity, and are interested in graphics and special effects, then virtual reality may be for you.
- Search engine optimization / search engine marketing (SEO/SEM) specialist. This is an important role in online marketing, as it is your job to rank a client’s website as high as possible in the search engines by using a variety of techniques.
As search engine algorithms are always fluctuating, an SEO/SEM specialist will need to stay up to date with what is needed to ensure top rankings and a high return on the client’s investment.
- UX designer. User Experience (UX) designers are responsible for the end-to-end development of websites and digital marketing applications. It is for this reason that they need a good technical background or alternatively have an excellent understanding of effective design.
UX designers need to understand a website in its entirety and be able to apply their marketing knowledge to its design. This means that they will need to understand the target audience as well as have an in-depth knowledge of the product or service being offered.
- Email marketing specialist. An email marketing specialist will be good at copywriting, editing, and marketing as a whole. Email marketing is still one of the best ways to promote online, so if you can write persuasively, then you’ll be in demand in this industry.
Your job will be to take charge of email campaigns and to promote client offers, product launches, and PR activities to your client’s prospect and customer email lists.
- Digital marketing expert. Your role as a digital marketing expert will mean that you’re well versed in strategic planning and execution of various online marketing techniques.
- Analyst and AI specialist. This is an up and coming field that is unlikely to go away anytime soon. If you have a technical degree and a background in computer science, you may be able to score one of these positions where you can create systems to analyze data and machine learning.
Being able to apply such data to a client’s online marketing strategy will be the icing on the cake!
If you are interested in any of the above jobs, but perhaps feel that you do not quite have the skills needed, then fear not: there are online courses that can help you achieve the additional skills you need.
No matter which career path you choose, there is an opportunity for you to develop a career in online marketing that you can be proud of and can help you to earn a comfortable income.