Reading time: 3 minutes
So you’ve had an attractive Facebook Page created for your business but you just can’t figure out how to promote it. Well, have no fear, here is Internet Marketing Platinum’s top 20 tips on promoting your Facebook Page.
- Blog about it – if you have a blog then you can write a blog post about your brand new Facebook Page. This is an excellent way of promoting your Facebook Page. Write at least 500 words about your new Facebook Page including who it targets, why people should like it (i.e. updates about pertinent news from your industry, special offers, discounts, etc) and what types of content you will be posting on there. If you don’t have a blog then you can have one created for your website and skinned to match the theme of your website. I recommend WordPress. If you don’t have a website yet then use a free online blog such as Weebly, Squidoo or the online version of WordPress – WordPress.com.
- Tweet about it – Twitter is a fantastic tool to promote your Facebook Page with. Promote your Facebook Page using Twitter by making your url smaller using a url shortener. Also, add your Facebook Page url into your Twitter background using Photoshop or your preferred photo editing software.
- Use a Facebook Widget – Facebook Widgets are great for engaging people with your content. There are a wide range available, just have a browse through some and see what you think. They can really help people to interact with your site.
- Email Footer – When you send an email to people you usually include your name, business contact details including address and phone number. Why not include a text link to your Faecbook page or better yet a Facebook button icon which people can press to go to your Facebook Page.
- Facebook Ads – these don’t have to cost the Earth and can be very effective depending on the products/services that you provide.
- Vanity URLS – When you first setup your Facebook Page you’ll notice that your page url contains a long number. You can default to your business or product/service name once you have 25 likes (at time to writing) and subject to availability.
- Personal Facebook Profile – adda link to your Facebook Page and it’s posts every so often and also add your Facebook Page in your personal profile links section (under Basic Information> About You) Also, ask your friends, family, colleagues and your employees to too. Basically anyone who works within your company and anyone who would like to help you to promote the company.
- Business Cards – Add your Facebook Page url onto your business cards.
- Website – Add a Facebook icon with a hyperlink to your Facebook Page on your website (a good place is in the top-right/ right-hand side of the header).
- Ask a friend – Invite all of your Facebook friends then and then ask them to share stories and post your Facebook Page link on their wall. Ask anyone who likes your page to do this also.
- Presentations – Many people add their website address in Powerpoint presentations but don’t always thinks to add their Facebook Page url. Start doing this whenever appropriate.
- Google Adwords – Use Google Adwords to promote your Facebook Page. Add negative keywords to improve the cost-effectiveness of your campaign.
- Facebook Like Box – Facebook allows you to add a Like Box to your website. It’s a simple code copy-and-paste job and shows a few of your Facebook friends and the number of likes, etc. It also includes a like button for people to like your Facebook Page.
- Import your email contacts – This is fairly straightforward. Just use your Facebook Page’s inbuilt feature to import contacts via email (under Resources).
- Think about improving your design – This is more of a general point to make but once you’ve created your Facebook Page you might want to think about adding enhancements. QR Codes are one particular enhancement which might result in higher conversions. Be creative, add extra tab pages with the Static HTML app. Think outside of the box.
- Email Marketing – Add an email capture form on one of your Facebook Page tabs. This allows you to build a targeted list of potential customers.
- Add Video – Engage your Facebook Page fans by embedding YouTube video into one of your tab pages.
- Forum Signature – If you’re a regular forum user then add your Facebook Page to your forum footer. If you’re not a regular forum user then started using them – they’re great!
- Guest Blog – Often mentioned as a great SEO backlinking strategy, this method can also be applied to linking to your Facebook Page. Including links to your Facebook Page in addition to or instead of your website root url or your website inner pages. Mix it up a bit. Be creative!
- Extra Content – Last but certainly not least and I’ve saved the best until last! Create content using a tab page that is hidden from people who haven’t liked the page yet. For instance, a discount code or link. Don’t give the secret away but offer enough of a teaser to entice them to like your page.
So just go for it and remember that Internet Marketing Platinum are here to help so give us a call sometime.